What is Digital Tribes?
The global resources sector faces $1 trillion of impact in the next 10 years from new technologies. This impact will be driven by individuals skilled in data science, software development, and hardware engineering. People with curiosity and drive, people who love a challenge, people like you!
Who can join?
Digital Tribes is open to anyone around the world. You can join us live in Houston or through online participation. Together with a nimble team of innovators you will get the chance to work on real challenges and present your solution to an industry expert judging panel. You can come preformed as a team or Unearthed will help you form the ideal tribe!
What do I need?
Motivation, determination and a willingness to work in a nimble group, or tribe. We are looking for technical individuals ready to apply their skills to the resources sector. Bring your laptop + any devices or hardware you can hack on.
I’m not technical, but I can still contribute.
Digital Tribes is your pathway to a career in the resources sector. Showcase any number of skills during the two week period and see what happens next!
Start: February 16
Hackathon ends: February 23
Hackathon winners announced: February 23
Digital Tribe Prize: Mid March
Take on the Challenge?
Sign up and create your free account on the Unearthed Innovation Platform, as the competition draws nearer we will inform all interested as to the next steps. Get access to the Digital Tribes slack channel where Unearthed will communicate with all innovators.
The top teams will compete to win cash, credits, and glory!
Digital Tribe Prize
Up to 3 month contract with BHP, awarded to top innovator(s) after thorough analysis
People’s Choice Award
Important Dates and Schedule
All times in Central Time Zone (UTC -06:00)
Event Lead up
- Dec ’17 – Jan ’18 Sign up period (open to anyone from around the world)
- Early Jan ’18 Challenge info begins to be released
- Mid Jan ’18 Innovators contacted by Unearthed to begin preparation
- 31 Jan ’18 Global Online Info Session
During the weekend
- Fri Feb 16th Event launch in Houston with live stream
- Fri 16h – Sun 18th Hack challenges and book in time with mentors (online & in-person)
- Sun 18th Pitch Update Sessions (online teams submit 5 min videos before deadline, in Houston teams present live update)
During the week (Mon 19th-Fri 23rd)
- Mon 19th – Thurs 22nd Teams continue developing prototypes and book BHP mentor times online & in-person (Houston)
- Fri 23rd Online teams – deadline to submit your final 5 min video pitch & project page on the Unearthed Innovation Platform
- Fri 23rd 17:00 Local Houston teams invited back to Station Houston to deliver pitches
- 17:30 First round of FINAL PITCHES commence
- 19:00 Dinner break, first round of pitches conclude
- 19:45 Second round of FINAL PITCHES commence
- 20:30 Pitches conclude, judges break to select cash prize winners
- 21:00 Cash prizes announced! Celebration and wrap up party!