General Manager – Community Growth and Engagement
Unearthed has connected thousands of innovators and entrepreneurs to a $1 trillion opportunity. We have distributed over $200,000 in prizes, and launched and funded multiple startups. Can you help us spread this massive opportunity to hundreds of thousands of innovators and hundreds of startups?
Then come join Unearthed.
You have deep empathy for developers, innovators, data scientists, and startup founders. You know where they congregate and what they care about. You respect and are awed by their skills and want to help them achieve glory and rewards. You enjoy organizing, connecting, and celebrating their skills and successes.
Though not a developer, you’ve got a bit of a systems mind yourself. You like to build online experiments, see what works, and tweak them until they humm. You’re excited by data because it provides you the evidence of what’s working and what isn’t; you like winning arguments with data instead of opinions. You understand that behind the statistics are real people whose lives you can positively impact.
You actively seek out and listen to feedback from others and think about how to delight them.
- Want to join a values-driven group of passionate people who enjoy making a difference?
- Does the thought of announcing hundreds of new competitions, sharing valuable content, and building a team of Community leaders around the world sound exciting to you?
- Do you enjoy supporting and leading initiatives, teams, and communities?
- Do you want to grow and learn in a rapidly growing global startup focused on massive global market?
- Do you like seeing the impact your effort and work can make by creating, growing, and owning?
- Do you enjoy diving into digital tools and data to drive business impact?
If you are excited about engaging, growing, and strengthening the pulse of the our international community, we’d love to meet you.
- Plan and improve the experience of a community member from onboarding, through participation, to community champion.
- Develop initiatives that motivate others to create and share content of value to the community and add value to each other.
- Create initiatives to identify, empower, and promote community champions.
- Collaborate with the marketing and product development teams to create awesome experiences and outcomes for the community.
- Track, manage, and report on community growth, satisfaction, and engagement metrics.
- Must be organized, strategic, creative, and able to clearly communicate how plans will deliver against organization goals.
- Must be able to effectively work independently and autonomously.
- Focused on setting and exceeding personal, team, and organizational goals.
- Must effectively communicate and build rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
- Capable of managing and completing multiple projects and priorities at the same time within a rapidly changing environment.
- Understanding of common online content marketing tools and metrics.
- Past experience growing a community group in person and online a plus.
- Must be proficient in the usual tech stack, plus Marketo or similar, Slack.