Unearthed Perth 201720 May - 22 May
From Idea to Prototype on Resource Challenges in just a Weekend
This competition has finished.
The future of industry sound
Noise, Clicks, Hums, Booms, and more industry sounds are generated across industry sites throughout the resource industry.
We all know when something “sounds funny” but do we actively track sounds to produce insights? Can we use yesterday's, today's, and tomorrow's sounds to gain insights into performance, maintenance, failures and more.
At Unearthed Perth we will provide the opportunity to showcase what is possible within industry sound.
Potential Areas to consider
• Sound as a predictor of issues, failures, and more
• How to build a library of sound: time, samples, location?
• Can we track individual pieces of equipment, pumps, and more by just passively monitoring sound on site?
• What can novel data and machine learning techniques can be applied?
• How can sound be recorded/transcribed to reduce size and increase processing potential