2019 Brisbane - Opportunity for Technology Trial with Industry10 Feb - 17 Mar
Pathway to trials in the energy and resources sector
Guide Me to Safety: drive engagement in health & safety
Can you help to communicate customised and interactive health, safety and environment (HSE) information to remote field employees and guide them through HSE related processes to improve learning? If so, we want to hear from you.
Natural gas production requires a network of disperse sites to extract gas from underground, process the gas on-site and deliver it through a gathering network of pipelines to customers and generation sites. Due to the dispersed nature of energy production, site-based employees are often performing work in remote areas.
The remote nature of this work requires stringent healthy and safety procedures and compliance to these procedures to ensure all workers remain safe. However, paper-based safety information and procedures are not always interactive and engaging for individuals working remotely.
A number of existing artefacts and processes exist that can be accessed and made searchable on a desktop or mobile device. The goal of this challenge is to create a better way to communicate, access and disseminate relevant and customised information to site-based employees in a manner that increases engagement and interaction while guiding them through the process.
The challenge is to create a tool that supports improved HSE outcomes by:
- providing customised and interactive information and guidance direct to the devices of site-based employees
- linking users to a document repository, training records, incident records and a glossary to guide them to access relevant information
- guiding users through procedures in real-time including incident reporting
- creating an improved interface to increase comprehension and improve data quality to deliver improved analytics and learnings
- creating increased insights from data to improve learnings and deliver better safety outcomes
The opportunity is to co-develop your solution in partnership with a corporate customer in the energy sector, creating a fit-for-purpose solution. The corporate customer will provide access and information on product requirements, user stories and integration to drive successful adoption across operations.