Get 2 the Core25 Jun - 23 Jul
The Newcrest Crowd
This competition has finished.
In addition to the provisions of the Terms and Conditions, which you accepted during the registration process, you understand and agree to these Competition Rules required by the competition Host or Sponsor.
Competition Specific Terms and Rules
Algorithm verification: The winning algorithm will be assessed on a hold-out dataset which for which the images have not been supplied to the participants. The algorithm must show a similar performance on the hold our data set as it does on the leader board. Participants in the running will be requested to provide their source code for review as well as instructions for running it.
Commencement Date: 25 June 2018, 00:01am UTC+0
Closing Date: 23 July 2018, 11:59pm UTC+0 (time converter)
Exclusivity: The competition winner shall provide the winning algorithm exclusively to the Sponsor for three months from Closing Date of the competition. Any additional exclusivity shall be agreed between the Winner and the Sponsor.
- The Public Leaderboard shows the live scores during the competition and allows for evaluation of your output CSV file. This score is for information only.
- The Private Leaderboard will show your score against a hidden dataset after the competition is closed. Your position on the Private Leaderboard will determine the Winner of the competition (subject to conditions of the T&Cs and these Rules).
Participation: You are only allowed to participate in this competition with one account and as part of one team.
- Winner: A$ 10,000 – Based on the top score on the Private Leaderboard.
- Open Tech Innovation: A$ 5,000 – Awarded by the Judges, based on a technology demonstration, which can be submitted as part of the Final Submission. This demonstration can be submitted as a document (max 10 slides/pages) or as a video (max 5 min). Teams are encouraged to submit solutions that solve the overall problem of the competition (masking/cropping core tray images), but take approaches that may not align with the scoring requirements. (i.e. edge detection along the core, etc)
- 5k for 5 days - Implementation: A$ 5,000 – Awarded to a team nominated by the judges to collaborate with the Sponsor for five days in implementing a solution at a day rate of $A1,000. Any additional work which may be required will be discussed and agreed directly between the Sponsor and the winner of this prize.
Scoring attempts: The number of submissions is limited to 5 per day, per team.